Skip to content Skip to navigation

Section Change Petition for Graduate Students

  • Deadline:Submissions for quarters over three years past will not be reviewed
  • More info: This is a petition form that should be used after the Final Study List deadline and include a personal statement and instructor sign off. You can only change sections within the same course; this form may not be used for late unit or grading basis changes or late adds or drops of courses. Typical section changes include:
    • change from the undergraduate section to the graduate section of a course (e.g., from a 100-catalog number to 200-catalog number of the same course) 
    • change sections of a course in which you are currently enrolled (e.g. moving from one instructor to another in an Independent Study or TGR course)
  • Where:PDF in Axess eForms portal 
  • Processing:3-5 business days