Commencement Processes and Deadlines
See the University's Commencement website for updates about the Commencement Celebration of 2022 Graduates.
See the Commencement Handbook for Staff
Commencement Dates & Deadlines
Saturday, February 26
Monday, Februrary 28
- Start reviewing Final Recommending Lists for degree candidates. "Save" button available on PeopleSoft Final Recommending List.
Friday, April 8
Deadline to file application to graduate for Spring Quarter 2021-22
Applications received after April 9 are assessed a $50 fee. No further applications to graduate are accepted after 5:00 p.m. on May 27
Friday, April 15
- Final Study List Deadline. Last day to add and drop classes, or adjust units on variable unit classes. This is the last day for tuition reassessment for dropped courses or units.
Wednesday, April 20
- Distinction lists become available for departmental submission.
Monday, May 9
- Term Withdrawal Deadline. Last day to submit Leave of Absence with partial refund
Wednesday, May 18
- Commencement Drop In Hours after the Student Services Meeting
Friday, May 20
- Deadline to submit Distinction Lists (with any additions) to the Office of the University Registrar by 5:00 p.m.
Monday, May 23
- Faculty/proxy grading opens. Encourage faculty to submit grades for graduating students as early as possible.
Friday, May 27
Late application to graduate deadline in Axess ($50 fee).
Last day to withdraw application to graduate in Axess.
Deadline for Coterm Course Transfer (pdf) form.
Deadline to edit diploma name and address changes in the Application to Graduate.
Saturday, May 28
- Final Recommending Lists become available to route to chair
Wednesday, June 1
- Last day of Spring classes
Friday, June 3
- Deadline (12:00 noon) to submit Ph.D. dissertation, University thesis, or D.M.A. final project.
Wednesday, June 8 (11:59 p.m.)
- Deadline to submit Final Recommending Lists for Medicine/ MPSA to the University Registrar
Thursday, June 9 (11:59 p.m.)
- Deadline to submit Final Recommending Lists for LAW to the University Registrar
- Real-time report for departments, with graduating students' status and grades, is available in PeopleSoft: Records and Enrollment > Graduation > STF Clear for Graduation
Friday, June 10 (11:59 p.m.)
- Deadline for submission of grades for graduating students
Commencement Week Calendar
Sunday, June 12
- Conferral date for all Spring degrees. Degrees will be posted June 16.
Monday, June 13
- LAW/ Medicine/ MPSA students will be moved to "awarded" status and degrees posted. Please be advised degrees will show as "conferred" on June 13th, but posted on June 16th.
Tuesday, June 14 (noon p.m.)
- Deadline to submit Final Recommending Lists for Undergraduates/Master’s/Engineer/GSB/PhD/DMA to the University Registrar
Thursday, June 16
- Students will be moved to "awarded" status and degrees posted. Please be advised degrees will show as "conferred" on June 13th, but posted on June 16th.
Week of June 23
Helpful information and resources for Commencement