ExploreCourses Administrative Interface
What is the Administrative Interface?
The ExploreCourses Administrative Interface is a different view of courses and scheduled classes than the public ExploreCourses, focused on providing additional fields for administrators and faculty in charge of creating and scheduling courses.
It also provides an easy-to-use "Export to Excel" functionality that is not publicly available.
Who can use the Administrative Interface?
Any staff or faculty may log in to the Administrative Interface using their SUNet ID and password.
How do I log in to the Administrative Interface?
- Click on a link, or open a bookmark to the Administrative Interface. The link is available from the Bulletin, Courses, and Scheduling Instructions page. At this time, there is no link from ExploreCourses itself.
- Log in using your SUNet ID and password if required.
How do I use the Administrative Interface?
- Search for courses in the same way that you search for courses in the public ExploreCourses.
- If you are searching for a particular class, enter the subject and catalog number without a space (e.g. PHYSICS41). If you want to search for all the courses where that course is a prerequisite (or recommended preparation, etc.), enter the subject and catalog number with a space; e.g. PHYSICS 41.
- To show all the search results on a single page (instead of broken into individual pages of 10 courses), click on the "printer friendly page" link on the top of the right hand column.
- Click on Schedule View to see all scheduled classes for the current academic year.
- Use the filters on the right to narrow your search results. Note that there are additional filters available to you in the Administrative Interface compared to the public view.
- The default set includes only active courses. To see both inactive and active courses, use the Course Status filter.
How do I export my results to an Excel spreadsheet?
- Make sure that the courses you have found are the ones that you want to export, and that you are in the appropriate view (Catalog or Schedule).
- The Export to Excel exports all the courses you have found even though only 10 courses or classes are visible on each page.
- Click on the Export to Excel button.
- We have preselected default fields for export that we believe will satisfy most needs. You can, however, change the selections by clicking the box next to the field you wish to add or delete from your export.
- When you are ready, click Export.
- Your browser will prompt you to select a location for storing the exported Excel spreadsheet.
How do I report problems?