Skip to content Skip to navigation

Undergraduate Visiting Research Intern FAQ

How do I invite an undergraduate visiting research intern?

The following list summarizes the required documentation:

  • Complete the Undergraduate Visiting Researcher Internship application and applicable placement plan form.

  • Letter of Invitation

  • Copy of transcripts of current undergraduate work

  • International applicant: a legible copy of the biographic page(s) of the passport.

Prospective undergraduate visiting research interns should contact the appropriate faculty members to determine interest and feasibility of appointment.

Can undergraduate visiting research interns register for classes?

No. Undergraduate visiting research interns maintain a non-matriculated student status that does not allow enrollment in courses.

Should the department partially fund the undergraduate visiting research intern?

It is the decision of the sponsoring department whether it wishes to fund the visiting research intern.

Questions on paying undergraduate visiting research interns should be directed to the Financial Aid Office. See the Financial AId Office's Faculty/Staff page.