Skip to content Skip to navigation

Statement of Completion

How to Obtain a Statement of Completion for Ph.D., J.S.D., D.M.A., and Engineer Degrees

Ph.D., J.S.D., D.M.A., and Engineer degree students often need what is called a Statement of Completion. This is a letter from the Office of the University Registrar confirming that a student has submitted an approved dissertation or thesis, and will be recommended for a degree by the Faculty Senate. Students typically use this for postdoctoral appointments or to obtain employment before their degree is actually conferred.

Prior to requesting a Statement of Completion, the submission must first be submitted in Axess, and then approved by both the Final Reader and Registrar's Office.   Note:  students will recieve email confirmation once the submission is approved by the Registrar's Office.  This email confirmation will provide instructions for obtaining the letter by essentially logging on to Axess, and going to the eDissertation/eThesis Center, where it should be ready and available as a link to the student.