Skip to content Skip to navigation

Coterm Program Changes

Adding or Changing Master's Degree Programs

Making changes with an active undergraduate degree

Coterminal students who wish to change from one master’s degree to another before conferral of their undergraduate degree may do so by taking the following steps: 

  1. Contact a coterm advisor in Academic Advising to discuss plans for the coterm program switch. 
  2. Apply to the new coterm program (please refer to the Applying to Coterm page for additional information). Students will want to secure admission to the new program before proceeding with the switch.
    • ​If admitted: students should review their transcript. Any courses that are assigned to the graduate career from the previous program that will no longer be applicable to the new coterm program should be transferred via the Coterm Course Transfer process.
    • If not admitted: students should notify a coterm advisor in Academic Advising that they will not be going through with the program switch.
  3. Submit an approved Request to Permanently Withdraw from Degree Program form to a coterm advisor in Academic Advising. Note: all programs that have been discontinued will appear on the transcript in a 'Discontinued' status. 
  4. Optional: a personal statement 

Making changes with a conferred undergraduate degree

Once a coterm's undergraduate degree is conferred, students are able to request graduate program changes (including switching from one master's degree program to another and/or adding another graduate degree, such as a PhD) via the Graduate Program Authorization Petition process