Graduate Degree Progress Information
Statements of University policy regarding graduate degree policy can be found on the Stanford Bulletin's ExploreDegrees web site.
Information for undergraduates can be found in the Undergraduate Degree Progress and Academic Standing section of the Registrar's web site.
Academic requirements for graduate students include timely completion of University, department, and program requirements, such as:
- admission to candidacy
- successful completion of qualifying examinations
- successful completion of University oral examinations
- submission of an approved Master’s Program Proposal
- approval of the dissertation reading committee
- submission of an approved dissertation, engineer’s thesis, master's thesis, or other project
- other departmental requirements