Skip to content Skip to navigation

Important Information Regarding COVID-19

See the Registrar's COVID-19 and Academic Continuity page for information for students, faculty, and staff relevant to classes and academic activities and administration. (updated August 21, 2020)

Graduate Changes of Degree Programs

Graduate students who have attended Stanford for at least one term and who are currently enrolled may submit an online Graduate Program Authorization Petition through Axess to make one of the following changes

  • change to a new degree program in the same department

  • change to a new degree program in a different department

  • add a new degree program in the same or a different department to be pursued with the existing program

Students who wish to terminate study in a graduate program should submit a properly endorsed Request to Permanently Withdraw from Degree Program form to the Office of the University Registrar.