Skip to content Skip to navigation

Important Information Regarding COVID-19

For quickest response to an issue, please submit a ServiceNow Ticket to the Student Services Center. If you prefer to talk to an SSC Specialist, we offer advising sessions via Zoom by appointment. SSC specialists are also available for live chat from LiveChat Monday – Friday, 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. via the Service Now portal.

Latest information about the University's response to COVID-19 • Academic questions are extensively answered in the TeachAnywhere FAQ • Latest updates for: UndergraduatesGrad Students and Postdocs

See the Registrar's COVID-19 and Academic Continuity page for information for students, faculty, and staff relevant to classes and academic activities and administration. (updated May 21, 2020)


Change of Name

Any changes to your legal name of record requires the following:

  • one of the following:

    • a certified copy of your birth certificate

    • valid (current) passport

    • a marriage license issued by a county or city clerk

    • a divorce decree from a court of law

    • or a court ordered name change

  • a second piece of identification (with your new name) in the form of a government-issued photo ID

You can bring your official documents in person to the Student Services Center located at Tresidder Memorial Union, 2nd floor, or mail notarized copies of your documents with a cover letter explaining the change. If you choose to mail the certified documents, you must sign the cover letter and include your Stanford student ID number or social security number, and date of birth. Mail should be sent to:

Office of the University Registrar
Stanford University
408 Panama Mall, Suite 117
Stanford, CA 94305-6032

International students who wish to change their name of record must first consult with the Bechtel International Center.