Skip to content Skip to navigation

Updating and Changing GNR Notation

Once a grading deadline has past, the Registrar's Office will assign a 'GNR' (Grade Not Reported) notation to all blank grades. The temporary grading notation 'GNR' may be updated to a permanent grade using the Request Grade Change feature in Axess, illustrated below.

Note: The Request Grade Change button is only available for one year after the term in which the class was taught. After one year, you must file a grade change card.  You may obtain a grade card from your department student services manager.

Step 1:  Log in to Axess

After logging in, go to the Teaching tab.

Select "Record/Submit Grades"

Axess Teaching Tab view

A list of classes in the current grading term will appear under the heading, Select Grade Roster.  If you do not have classes to grade in the current term, your most recent grading term will be displayed.  If needed, you may also use the "Change Term" link under, Select Grade Roster.

Step 2: Choose a class and open the Grade Roster; click Request Grade Change

Open a grade roster, then click on the Request Grade Change link (see illustration below).

screen shot changing GNR step 01

Step 3: Update/change GNR notation

Choose a new grade from the drop-down list next to the student's name. You may change one or multiple GNR notations at one time.

Because you are updating a temporary notation (GNR), the list of reasons will not appear as you do not need to give a reason.

screen shot of changing gnr step 3

Step 4: Submit changes

Scroll to the bottom of the roster page, where you will find the Submit grades button.  Click the Submit button to send your changes to the University Registrar's Office. If you change your mind before submitting, click on the Return to Grade Roster link to exit the page and cancel the transaction.

screen shot changing grades submit button step 4